Qualified Instructor Program
The Qualified Instructor Program is a train-the-trainer program designed for professional trainers, educators and consultants to provide HeartMath skills to teachers, administrators and other school staff. You’ll be licensed to provide Institute of HeartMath workshops within educational settings in a cost-effective way.
The first course offered under the program is The Resilient Educator®, an engaging, activity-based, stress-management workshop for in-service staff development. It can be given in a two-, four- or six-hour sessions. The Resilient Educator is a highly relevant training program that helps educators boost performance, improve school relationships and strengthen resiliency. Soon, we will offer additional courses that will enable Qualified Instructors to expand their range of HeartMath workshops to college students, administrators, noncertified staff and parents affiliated with school organizations.
Who should become a Qualified Instructor:
Once you receive your license:
- Professional trainers in educational settings
- Independenteducational consultants
Those completing the Qualified Instructor Program are licensed to provide HeartMath workshops within their school system, or, if they operate as independent trainers, they can deliver training to educational institutions for a fee. All that's required is for the Qualified Instructor to purchase a participant guidebook for each attendee through the Institute of HeartMath's Education Division. This license covers a three-year period and allows for the commercial use of The Institute of HeartMath's intellectual property within the field of education. It does not allow for the delivery of the programs in any other field such as companies, hospitals or government agencies.
Qualified Instructor Training for the Resilient Educator course includes:
- Instruction on how to deliver the Resilient Educator course to educators for professional development, stress reduction and resiliency.
- Instruction on how to teach program participants to use HeartMath's innovative emWavePC Stress Relief System computer-based technology.
- Ongoing support using online technology with a HeartMath facilitator.
- Regular program updates, new developments and support materials.
Course offering: The Resilient Educator
The Resilient Educator is a highly relevant training program that helps educators boost performance, improve school relationships and strengthen resiliency. Acclaimed by educators for its new ideas and solid foundation in neuroscience, the program's proven techniques are easy to learn and help rekindle educators' motivation and energy. The training rekindles why they went into the profession in the first place and teaches practical, research-based tools and strategies to stop the negative impact of stress – mentally, emotionally and physically.
The Resilient Educator workshop can be given in a two-, four- or six-hour sessions. The training includes a PowerPoint presentation to teach participants key HeartMath skills, the physiology of resilience and optimal performance and how to use the emWave® PC Stress Relief System. The Resilient Educator has received high marks from teachers and administrators across the country. Research has shown that educators attending the Resilient Educator training made significant improvements in motivation and positive outlook with major reductions in stress, fatigue, exhaustion, anger and the intention to quit. In a large group of elementary teachers in Arizona who participated in the training, 97% reported the program was beneficial and relevant. To stay in the teaching profession and be effective and resilient in today’s educational climate, educators need new skills and strategies. The Resilient Educator is a key element of a model program funded by the U.S. Department of Education to improve teacher retention.
In the near future, the Institute of HeartMath will offer additional courses that will enable Qualified Instructors to expand their range of HeartMath workshops to college students, administrators, noncertified staff and parents affiliated with school organizations.
For program pricing: call (831) 338-8706
The nearest airport to Boulder Creek, Calif., is San Jose International Airport, approximately an hour travel time. Car rentals are readily available at the airport. For some international flights, the nearest airport will be San Francisco International Airport, approximately an hour and fifteen minutes travel time. Upon registration, we will mail a map to you with driving instructions.
How to apply for this program:
1. Complete the application form and e-mail it to IHM.Training materials package includes:
2. Receive approval.
3. Send a deposit of $500 to reserve your place.
4. Receive confirmation package and pretraining materials.
5. Provide balance of fee 30 days prior to first date of training.
Call toll free in U.S. (800)-711-6221 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resilient Educator course instructor manual
- Resilient Educator training DVD
- PowerPoint CD Rom, including Atmosphere and Perception training aids for workshops
- Two-hour program participant guidebook
- Four/Six-hour program participant guidebook
- The book, Transforming Stress
Upon approved registration, participants will be sent the Transforming Stress book and the instructor manual. Participants are expected to thoroughly familiarize themselves with this material in advance of the training program.
All Qualified Instructors will receive regular e-mail messages containing program updates, stories and strategies for their program deliveries. Also, they may participate in live meetings with HeartMath staff and other Qualified Instructors using Macromedia's Breeze live-meeting technology. Breeze offers users access to online meetings where multimedia communication can take place, including audio hookups through a call-in bridge line, Web-cam visuals of participants, review of shared documents, facilitator-led displays of Power Point presentations and new offerings of training programs. Broadband Internet access is recommended to take full advantage of the Breeze program's capabilities.
Become a CEU Provider
When you become a qualified Instructor, you may offer 1 or 2 units of continuing education units to your training audiences. These units are available through Dominican University of California, an independent university in San Rafael, Calif. Dominican is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The cost per unit for each training participant is $45. Further details will be provided at the program.
- PC (laptop recommended)
- emWave PC Stress Relief System (Qualified Instructors receive a 35% discount.)
- Microsoft Power Point 2002 or newer
If you cancel with 30 days advance notice, your fee will be refunded less a $100 processing charge. If you request a refund less than 30 days before the event, refunds will be given only if your space is filled by another participant. In the event we cancel because of underenrollment, you will be notified at least three weeks prior to the event and given a full refund.
Qualified Instructor Program training schedule:
- Registration 12 noon to 1pm
- Lunch 1 – 2 pm
- Orientation and Introductions, Overview of IHM educational grants, materials and emWave PSR technology
- Dinner 6pm
- Science Presentation
- Modeling and Discussion of the Resilient Educator Program
- Assignment of teachbacks (where participants are assigned to study a program section in preparation for a group presentation the following day)
Third DayThird Night
- How to present the emWave® PC Interactive Technology
- Study time
- Reseller program discussion
- Study time
- Discussion of licensing agreement, business model, and communication support processes in the morning
- Teachbacks in morning and afternoon
- Farewells and departure at 4pm
For Further Information, Please Click on the Links Below
• Qualified Instructor Application
• Qualified Instructor Training and License Agreement (school sponsored)
• Qualified Instructor Training and License Agreement (independent educational consultant)
• Qualified Instructor Program Training Schedule
• Refund Policy