Blended Online and Classroom LearningBlended learning
A Highly Effective Social and Emotional Learning Program for Students Ages 9-16
Smart Brain Wise Heart draws on the best of young peoples’ hearts and brains, empowering them to make smarter decisions and improve self-control, academic success and social skills. The latest heart-brain-body neuroscience helps students understand what’s happening inside themselves, and a range of fun and intelligent enrichment activities engages and challenges them. Each of the eight learning units has a video that is essential in the student's learning process.
combines fully integrated online content with a printed Leader’s Kit and assortment of other materials for enhanced learning. Students can access the complete online course from home or at school. Different strands of instruction deepen the learning experience, including review and discussion, activity worksheets, illustrated articles, practice opportunities, project-based action assignments, learning-based scenario videos and assessments.
Self-Regulation = Emotional Resilience and Self-Security
At the heart of the program are several scientifically-validated self-regulation techniques. Each technique builds on the previous one, so that after eight weeks, students who practice, are able to increase their locus of control and self-security - essential underpinnings of mental and emotional health, supportive social relationships and academic success.
Pre and Post Assessments Validate Student Mastery
Using either the online, or print version, 24-question Student Opinion Survey to gauge student progress in three key areas, Positive Affect, Negative Affect and Stress Management. Educators who implement the full course can statistically evaluate student's growth and the program’s effectiveness over several months.
Many of SBWH’s activities meet the criteria of key standards found in several categories of learning: National Health Education Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, Social and Emotional Learning Standards, and Common Core State Standards. Smart Brain Wise Heart also draws on the Collaborative For Academic, Social and Emotional Learning’s five core competencies:
Blends e-Learning, at Home or in the Classroom, with Teacher Facilitation
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-Making.
Smart Brain Wise Heart Class Outline
- 8 units of instruction.
- 7 whiteboard animation videos, 7 Learning-Based Scenario videos, a student introductory video, a Leader’s Overview video, 2 leader instruction videos - one for student enrollment and one for record keeping.
- 47 printable PDFs along with parallel online activities.
- Student Opinion Survey Pre and post survey: 24 questions.
- Short unit assessments to measure student learning.
- Usable on smart board classroom computers, laptop or desktop computers, tablets.
The Multi-Classroom License
- Lesson 1: Let's Get Started: Taxi Movie
- Lesson 2: In Sync/Out of Sync
- Lesson 3: Inner Weather Report
- Lesson 4: Two Tools to Help Get You in Sync
- Lesson 5: Prep /Reset
- Lesson 6: People Relationships
- Lesson 7: Decision Making
- Lesson 8: Heart-Brain Fitness for Learning
This license is valid for up to 3 teacher/leader's and up to 90 students (up to 30 in each class). Students may access the online program in school or at home. License is valid for 365 days from date of first log-in.
When renewing, you will receive a 50% discount.
Licenses are also available for single classrooms as well as entire schools or districts. Click here to learn more.