HeartMath researchers are currently investigating Phase II of the Tree Research Project: The Global Tree Monitoring Network
In Phase II, scientists will increase the current half-dozen redwood and oak trees being monitored by an additional 20 trees in the forest around the HeartMath Institute Research Center in the Boulder Creek area of Central California. Among these will be weeping willows, Douglas fir, yucca, madrone, and fruit trees such as apple, orange, pear and persimmon.
What We Will Explore
- Do the electrical responses in multiple trees correlate to events that trigger an emotional outpouring in large numbers of people?
- Do trees communicate energetically with each other over large distances?
- Are trees affected by human emotions?
- Does being in the biofields of trees have an uplifting effect on people?
- Can trees help inform us about approaching earthquakes?
Benefits of HMI Tree Research
- Provides a deeper understanding of how people and trees are connected.
- Collects information about how trees respond generally to human emotions and specifically to positive human emotions.
- Gathers important data that may aid in prediction of earthquakes – and saving lives.
- Eventually will establish a global network of tree-monitoring sites and a website† with live data from a redwood grove.
As a HeartMath Monthly Giver your contribution of as little as $5 per month will help the institute conduct research and educate people about its findings. You’ll receive a free HMI Membership as an appreciation gift.
The HMI Research Center’s dedicated team is working diligently for a better future and world.
100% of your donation supports the vital work of our projects.
The HeartMath Institute does not use public donations for administrative or fundraising costs. Through sales and licensing we generate the funds necessary to cover our operating expenses. Your donations exclusively impact the many HMI research projects.
If you prefer to send your donation by mail, please send to:
14700 West Park Ave.
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
Planned Giving Program and Bequests (Wills)
If you are interested in learning more about IHM's Planned Giving Program, including charitable annuities, trusts, endowments or naming HMI as a beneficiary in your will, contact Katherine Floriano Toll Free at (866) 221-6339.
In Honor of Gift Information
If you'd like to make a contribution on behalf of someone who is doing good work or in memory of a loved one, call Katherine Toll Free at (866) 221-6339.
Your gift is fully tax-deductible. HMI is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit, educational and research corporation.
Your support of HeartMath Institute's research enables our scientists to continue their work in several key areas including; heart rate variability (HRV), social coherence, global coherence and interconnectivity. The interconnectivity research is focusing on the connection between people, and also between people, the earth and other living organisms. Your gift is fully tax-deductible.