Emotional Stress, Positive Emotions & Coherence - e-Booklet
Item # ESPE
Emotional Stress, Positive Emotions, and Psychophysiological Coherence
A Scientific Monograph e-booklet by Dr. Rollin McCraty and Dana Tomasino
Changing Your Emotions – a New Approach to Stress Management
Until recently stress research and treatment has largely derived from a belief that mental processes alone govern or activate the body’s stress response. Now the Institute of HeartMath’s scientific monograph, Emotional Stress, Positive Emotions, and Psychophysiological Coherence, presents in layman’s terms the latest stress research showing that emotions, more than thoughts, activate the physiological changes comprising the stress response. This important monograph compiled for the landmark book, Stress in Health and Disease, explains the science and psychophysiology of stress and HeartMath’s simple tools and utilization of positive emotions for permanently managing your stress and breaking the cycle of recurring negative emotional patterns.
You’ll learn about the heart’s central role in your emotions and your overall well-being, why certain undesirable emotions seem to come up over and over and how you can stop these “recurring negative emotional patterns.” Besides gaining new understanding of how the heart, brain and rest of your body interact with one another to determine how you think, feel and act, you’ll also learn two important HeartMath emotional, mental and physical self-management tools.
Key Discussion Topics
- Breaking the Stress Cycle: The Power of Positive Emotions
- Positive Emotion-Focused Tools and Techniques
- The Scientiﬁc Basis of the HeartMath Techniques
- More Than a Pump: The Heart’s Key Role
- The Physiology of Positive Emotions
Two Life-Changing, Stress-Management Tools
- Freeze-Frame® Technique – for positive emotion refocusing (HeartMath’s most widely used method internationally.)
- Heart Lock-In® – a technique to help you sustain heartfelt positive emotions and their beneﬁts for longer periods.
- 18 pages
- Diagram and graphs
- 4-color cover
Customers who purchased the Emotional Stress, Positive Emotions, and Psychophysiological Coherence
scientific monograph e-booklet also frequently purchased: