How can something this much fun be good for you?
This interactive system consists of the emWave2 heart-rhythm coherence trainer and the Dual Drive Pro racing game. As you play any of the nine racing games – racing against others in your local area network or against computer-generated opponents – you’ll learn to concentrate “on task” while maintaining and building physiological and emotional balance in challenging situations. Some refer to this balance as a simultaneous state of relaxation, readiness and revitalization, others say it is active calm. Researches call this optimal performance state, coherence. Regardless of the name, the self-regulation skills you’ll learn have been proven to have numerous physical, mental and emotional benefits for your performance, health and well-being.
Dual Drive is loaded with interactivity and instant feedback.
For example, if you lose your cool and focus on the racetrack, your visibility decreases and your gas tank starts to empty. Once you regain your poise, the fog clears, your gas tank begins to fill and you are back racing at 100%.
To get the most fun and benefit from Dual Drive, you’ll first want to learn basic emotion self-regulation skills and practice with the emWave2 games – all included with the emWave2 software. The Dual Drive program runs on your computer in conjunction with the emWave2 for PC software. (It is not available for Mac operating systems.)
emWave2—On the Go, or at Your Computer
In addition to connecting to your PC to play Dual Drive and other interactive games and activities, the emWave2 is portable and provides you with input via lights and sound. You can use it on the go, at home or work: Just plug into your computer to download and review previous sessions, run a new session with the real-time heart-rhythm display, or play Dual Drive or one of the other coherence-building games or activities.
How emWave2 Works
The emWave2 is an advanced heart-rate monitor, able to measure subtle changes in your heart rhythms. This type of measurement is known as heart-rate variability analysis or HRV. The analysis of HRV is a noninvasive measurement that reflects heart-brain interaction and autonomic nervous-system dynamics, which are particularly sensitive to changes in your emotional state.
Heart Rhythms and Coherence
When you experience stressful emotions such as impatience, anxiety, irritation or anger, your heart-rhythm pattern becomes irregular and incoherent, negatively affecting your health, brain function, performance and sense of well-being. When you experience positive emotions such as appreciation, care, joy and love, your heart-rhythm pattern is more ordered and coherent.
Heart rhythms when feeling stressful emotions as compared to heart rhythms when feeling a positive emotion
Ordered and harmonious heart rhythms are an indicator of your “coherence level.” High coherence is a state associated with positive emotional attitudes, which send signals to the brain that reduce reactions to stress and improve cognitive function, hormonal balance, immune response, coordination and reaction times, and your overall sense of well-being.
Playing Dual Drive Pro and practicing HeartMath techniques can:
- Optimize heart rhythms and raise coherence.
- Increase physical, mental and emotional balance.
- Sharpen focusing and attention skills.
- Improve decision-making and other cognitive abilities.
Dual Drive for PC Features:
- Use emWave2 on the go as a portable coherence-training device and for session storage.
- Run sessions on your computer and watch your coherence in real-time charts.
- Download your stored on-the-go sessions for graphic review and comparison.
- Interactive Coherence Coach® teaches you a key HeartMath self-regulation technique.
- Four challenge levels include an Advanced User mode.
- Adjustable LED display controls brightness, audio feedback.
- A variety of coherence-building tools make sessions more entertaining.
- Charge unit via USB computer connection.
- Multiplayer option lets you race against up to three live opponents who are part of your local area network (LAN).
- There is an option to select up to three computer-generated opponents and their speeds.
- Racers may select autopilot mode when first learning how to maintain coherence and ease.
- Background music, with optional vocals or instrumentals, increases and decreases with coherence levels or may be switched off.
- Onboard display shows real-time heart rates, heart rhythms and coherence levels in lower portion of game screen.
- Includes detailed user guide to maximize your experience.
- emWave2 in Charcoal Gray or Silver Blue
- Ear Sensor
- emWave2 Practice Plan
- Quick Start Guide & Software Download Link
- USB Charging / Connector Cable (Optional USB Wall charger sold separately)
emWave2 Unit Specifications:
- Size: 85mm x 55mm x 14mm or 3 3/8” wide, 2/1/8” high, 9/16” deep
- Weight: 2.2 ounces
- Internal rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
- Super bright LED light bar and display indicators
- Ear sensor and two-way, finger-operated control button
- Box Size: 5 5/8"w X 9"h X 2"d
- Weight: 1 pound
- Windows 7 or newer
- 1GB RAM Minimum
- USB 2.0 Compatible Port
- Internet Connection (Required for updates and HeartCloud Access)
- 1GB RAM Minimum
- USB 2.0 Compatible Port
- Internet Connection (Required for updates & HeartCloud Access)
(Dual Drive is not compatible with Mac operating systems.)
Certificate of Networthiness, CERT-201109460.
Note: Dual Drive® Pro was developed by Somatic Vision Inc., under license from Quantum Intech Inc.